Thursday, March 1, 2012

Harvest Calendar

As I was outside trimming some of the fruit trees today I got to thinking about when everything ripens.  Can I do a better job of planning for year round fruits and vegetables?  Sure, but the first thing I need to do is figure out what I have and when everything is ready to harvest.  I put together a chart showing what's in season during each month.  I haven't finished it but it will give you an idea of what I'm doing. I've combined fruits and vegetables and eggs into one chart.  I haven't gone through my entire list of trees or vegetables so I'm sure that some are missing, like corn!  I have no idea if these are the vegetables I'm going to plant or not this season. Having everything charted according to when they are ready to harvest where I live, it will make it easier to figure out what I should be planting to have a good year round supply of fresh fruits and vegetables. 
You can click on the chart to enlarge it.

1 comment:

  1. Here in Colorado everything seems to be ready at once, you are lucky. Good job on a chart, you will have some busy months ahead.

    ReplyDelete