Friday, November 11, 2011

Dear Veteran. Thank You.

Dear Coast Guard Dad (of blessed memory), Navy sister, retired, Navy brother, Army daughter, Army son, Navy step-son, and all those serving in our nation's military past and present,

Thank you very much for your service to our country.  I am honored to know that you are part of my family.  While most of the country just sees this as a paid day off, I know that your dedication to the safety and well being of this country plays a huge role in that ability for the rest of us to walk around blindly thinking that freedom is free.  It isn't.  Freedom comes at a huge cost.  I truly appreciate your sacrifices to keep us free. 

For those veterans no longer with us, I'm sure you are watching over us.  For those of you who are retired or still on active or reserve duty, may you have a safe year.

No comments:

Post a Comment