Sunday, March 13, 2011

J-B WELD - get some now

Do you have any J-B WELD?  Have you even heard of it?  If not, please read up on the stuff.  Everyone should have a few packages in their toolbox.  The company does have a website and the link I’m providing goes to the product use page: http://jbweld.com/products/uses.php . No, I don't have any ties to this Sulpher Springs, Texas company. 

I’ve used it many times here at home including today, fixing the handle on the drier door.  This stuff is more versatile than superglue.  It bonds to just about anything and any combination of things. 

A friend of mine told me about this stuff when my son had a crack in his radiator.  The repair worked.  I would like to tell you that it still works but I don’t know: Son had that car repossessed (no I didn’t bail him out and make his payments!).  I’m sure it’s still working for the new owner. 

The baby chicks are coming tomorrow and they are going to be housed in the leaking stock tank.  But once they go out to the coop the stock tank will be repaired with J-B WELD and will then be put back out into the pasture. 

There are several different types of J-B WELD.  I haven’t used them all but I do have several of them here at home.  I use the J-B STIK, J-B WELD, and J-B KWIK.  After reading about the stuff on their website today I realize I need WATERWELD and PERM-O-SEAL too.

It’s easy to use.  Most of their products come in two tubes that you mix together.  You use equal portions from the two tubes.  Mix the stuff together on a paper plate or something that you can throw out when you are done.  I use a small stick such as a matchstick or toothpick to stir it up.  Clean the surface of what you are bonding this to, then apply and let cure.  It’s really easy.  After you mix it you have about 30 minutes to get the job completed and it’s fully cured in less than a day.  The KWIK product sets in just a few minutes and cures in half the time as the regular. 

STIK comes in a tube like a Gluestick.  It’s like a putty.  You knead it with your fingers then apply to what needs to be repaired.  It fully cures in under half an hour and can be drilled, sanded, filed, tapped, machined, and painted.  It will cure submerged in water or gasoline! 

J-B WELD needs to be in your toolbox now.  It’s not expensive, about four or five dollars per package. 

No comments:

Post a Comment