Saturday, March 12, 2011

Perhaps I shouldn't go on vacation

Army Daughter came in to tell me that I shouldn't go on vacation.  After all, don't I always say that I'd rather be home than anywhere else?  Dorothy realized it at the end of The Wizard of Oz that there's no place like home. 

Army Daughter pointed out that I was scheduled to go on a vacation with a group of friends in January.  Two friends offered to pay my way as a birthday present.  The group was going on a cruise to Mexico.  Remember the cruise ship that caught fire and then floundered until it was towed back to shore?  Our trip was supposed to be on that same ship.  The trip was cancelled because the ship wasn't repaired by the time our trip was scheduled. 

Two months later I take a trip to Hawaii.  My first time on the islands.  It's hit with a wind storm, volcanic eruption, and tsunami.  Daughter wants to know where my next trip is going to be.  She's heading in the opposite direction.  No wonder I prepare for anything!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can sell your vacations plans as a warning to others. Kind of like making lemonade from lemons.

    ReplyDelete