Saturday, November 20, 2010

Food Lists

Like most of you, I have a list of what food I have on hand and what supplies I have on hand. Even if you have everything in one place, keeping a written log of what you have on hand is well worth the time it takes to put it together.  This list isn't an up to date list, but it will give you an idea of how mine is written up.  I tried marking the chart each time I used something from the pantry, but I just didn't mark it every time so I figured I wasn't going to mark it at all.  Instead, a couple times a year I do a big shopping, and right before I go I update the list.  Doing it that way gives me a good perspective on how much food and other supplies we use in any given time period.  Here's the Pasta/Rice/Potatoes list.  These products will really last a long time and are not expensive to buy.  We can also grow potatoes and pasta is really easy to make.  The only item on the list then that we can't provide for ourselves, if needed, is the rice.  The white rice will keep almost indefinitely.

Pasta/Rice/Potatoes
angel hairlbs.5
falafal mixlbs.5
lasagnalbs.5
linguini fettuccinnilbs.7
mac and cheeseboxes22
macaronilbs.20
noodle wide egglbs.2
noodles otherlbs.3
noodles pennelbs.4
noodles rotinilbs.6
potato mashedservings80
potato shreadslbs.14
potato slices lbs.10
ramen noodlespacks50
rice whitelbs.100
rice wildlbs.1
spaghettilbs.26
stuffingboxes10

No comments:

Post a Comment