Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Walmart - still no ammo to purchase

I had to work out of town today so I went to a different Walmart to try to pick up some ammo.  This store is three hours from home.  This store was interesting because they kept the ammo behind an unmanned counter.  Anyone could have walked behind the counter and helped themselves.  I didn't.  They didn't have the kind I was looking for.  It's not that my handgun uses an odd caliber bullet.  It doesn't.  They just didn't have my size in stock.  I'd say that their shelves were only 1/4 full, if that.  A man struck up a conversation with me and suggested I go to Big 5.  I didn't have time but Friday at lunch I'm going to have to pick some up.  I don't want to go into town this weekend.  The plan is to stay home and do yard work.  I'm also going to do a little bit of target shooting in the backyard. 

On Tuesday I've got the CCW class.  I am supposed to bring extra ammunition.  I have the recommended amount but sure would like to find some more.  I know I can buy it at the range but the cost is a whole lot more.  If I can't find what I'm looking for I'll buy it online.  I only have a week to do that, as after that, the companies are going to stop taking orders for us Californians. 

No comments:

Post a Comment