Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Brother Called - and today I'm talking politics.

Today my brother called.  We talked a little bit about the economy and some of the problems that are going on around the world.  We can't ever really get into things because he can't give me any details, nor would I understand much. 

I have an interesting brother.  I don't know what he does for a living.  I'm not even sure who he works for.  DIA I think.  I've seen pictures of him with internationally known people.  I know that he is highly regarded.   Anyway, it's always nice to hear from him.  He is trying to have us set up Skype so the grandkids can talk to their most beloved uncle.

I told him that China banned Skype.  The first thing out of his mouth was "communists".  He then continued to rant.  America is a free country.  Don't people understand what is going on?  Don't they listen to those who were from former Soviet countries?  Don't they get it?  Don't people care about freedom?  Americans are giving away the country by supporting the Chinese government.  (He made sure to emphasize the people are good.  The government is bad.)  And, by buying everything Chinese we are putting our entire country at risk.  That's where he sees as one of the largest global problems.  We are turning over our country to the communists.  Just handing it to the communists.

He told me to pay attention to what I buy.  He said that buying American made products is a good thing but more importantly, do not buy items from communist countries.  Don't fall into the trap of thinking that because they are allowing commerce that they will allow freedom.  So many prep items are made in China.  I'm going to do a better job of buying from free countries.  It may be harder than it sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment